Long overdue introduction...

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I got too excited with the great discussions that happen here that I jumped in and haven't introduced myself yet.
My name is Camilo Bulla and I have been interested in aquaculture since I was 7 or 8 (for almost 35 years). Yet, just recently, about 3 years ago, I started with reef aquariums. I have always been interested in large system and automation. Right now I keep a 14,000 gallon koi pond, a 70 gallon planted discus tank, and four reef systems: a 400 gallon, and two, very recently started, 200 gallon and 100 gallon system, and finally a small 40 gallon. Amazingly that takes only about 30 minutes of my day (you gotta love automation...)
I rely on Neptune Apex control extensively for controlling and automation of all those system. I am working to add more information to my tanks thread...
I have learned a lot here in this community, and I have been in my small share of heated discussions which I greatly appreciate, because they keep me on my toes. I have a tendency to question strong statements, and dogmas, but that may be due to my strong science background. I am a university professor with a DVM and a PhD, specialized in veterinary clinical pathology and cancer research. So, it is hard to avoid questioning sometimes... :)
I have learned so much from the experienced and knowledgeable people that are part of this community, and still, every day I realize how much I don't know. Thank you all for having me here...
CB

Last edited:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I would say you are really long over due! :p Glad you finally made an official introduction! I love studying pathology (but in humans), it was by far my favorite class I have taken.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2-jpg.320564

Better late than sorry........... or sorry and late :rolleyes:

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back