Long polyp on OctoSpawn

  • Thread starter Thread starter LostNemo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LostNemo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
14
Location
Westchester
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, anyone know why my octospawn has a very long polyp. It seems to produce one every now and then and are very fragile cause occasionally if it gets hit by strong flow it flys off. Are these stingers? Or just normal growths?
IMG_4445.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg IMG_4444.jpeg IMG_4447.jpeg
 
I’d say yes, sweeper/stinger polyps. Maybe due to that hammer right next to it, I’m surprised they are coexisting together.
 
Oh thanks. I put them next to each other because I remember reading on here from several post that hammers and frog/octo spawns could touch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new