Long skinny sump?

John Bilderback

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
oahu, hawaii, usa
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use a sump that’s long and skinny? My 125G (72” wide) cabinet is super full with my UV. A long sump would be easier to access, but have never seen one. I need to replace my sump and am considering options. Thanks for all the experienced advice!
 
most likely will need it to be custom made. i don't believe there are any standard "skinny" tanks that could be used as a sump. what's the shorter side's measurement?
 
Currently my sump almost fully takes up half my stand width wise, 30 gallons I believe. My UV is two thirds the length of my stand and really makes access to socks and the rest of the sump difficult. My thought was a custom sump that was wide like the stand and tank would be easier to access but unsure of going in a direction no one I’ve seen goes.
 
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new