Long tentacle anemone not attaching

RandyT5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this thing for about 2 months now. I know they require slightly deep sand beds, mine ranges probably from 2.5 - 3 inches, depending on where my eel likes to pile it up, or some crabs rearranging. Anyway, this thing will not attach. I have tried just letting it do its thing, always ends up getting blown near the glass and won't attach. I have tried barricading it into the sand/rocks, digging out a hole for it to anchor to the glass underneath, etc. Tried turning off the powerheads, no go. It looks healthy, the foot is sticky as it picks up sand and whatever else it touches, it opens fully, and also will eat anything that it comes in contact with. My rainbow bubble tip is attached, all coral is wide open and happy, just can't get the anemone to stop blowing around like a crazy tumbleweed. Any thoughts? Thank you!

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if anyone in the #reefsquad has any suggestions :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters and lighting? I'm going to guess that it's probably sufficient being that you have a bubble tip that's doing fine. But just in case :)

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the exact same thing flew around all over the tank. Left it overnight found it the next morning in the overflow. Never recovered from it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back