Long Tentacle Anemone

Matt Schario

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2018
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I bought a Long Tentacle Anemone a couple months ago. When I purchased it, the size was great and extended great at the LFS.

Since I purchased I have been struggling to get it to open up and extend. Photos below.

it’s attached to a rock from the LFS. Feeding once per week mysis shrimp. REEF LED 90 @50% 15k. Parameters all seem to be at 0. REEFER 350, skimmer, carbon/GFO reactor, pH 8.2, SG 1.026.

looking for any help. Photo during moonlight time when its most extended.

42DD5FAE-C8CB-44E3-A1B9-410D36D0196C.jpeg

BA58A42D-E00A-45C1-9877-B4BF306B1B90.jpeg
 
Hello All,

I bought a Long Tentacle Anemone a couple months ago. When I purchased it, the size was great and extended great at the LFS.

Since I purchased I have been struggling to get it to open up and extend. Photos below.

it’s attached to a rock from the LFS. Feeding once per week mysis shrimp. REEF LED 90 @50% 15k. Parameters all seem to be at 0. REEFER 350, skimmer, carbon/GFO reactor, pH 8.2, SG 1.026.

looking for any help. Photo during moonlight time when its most extended.

42DD5FAE-C8CB-44E3-A1B9-410D36D0196C.jpeg

BA58A42D-E00A-45C1-9877-B4BF306B1B90.jpeg
it looks bleached to me.
 
It's hard to tell with the lighting. How old is your tank?
 
C6E87B35-E210-416E-AC02-F8FD549984B0.jpeg

Here it is under 100% White light
 
Any pointers on how to revive a bleached anemone?

everything I have read feeding more often helps.

also, I don’t get much algae growth on my glass or rocks. Is this a sign my nutrients are to low and the anemone is not able to produce Zooxanthellae?
 
Any pointers on how to revive a bleached anemone?

everything I have read feeding more often helps.

also, I don’t get much algae growth on my glass or rocks. Is this a sign my nutrients are to low and the anemone is not able to produce Zooxanthellae?
Sorry but i have not been able to keep an anemone long term so i am of no help here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new