Long term feedback on Red Sea Complete Reef Care System?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocknut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rocknut

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
214
Reaction score
53
Location
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was curious if anyone has used, or did use, this system for any length of time, and what their thoughts about it were? If you do a Google search for reviews, there was a fair amount of conversation about this about three years ago when it first came out, but most threads were from reefers that were either: a) just starting the system, or b) were just gathering information about starting the system - but nothing as far as a long term review. Just to clarify, I am specifically talking about the actual, full, Red Sea Complete Reef Care system from their website (the color elements, reef energy, NoPoX, etc).
Thanks!

Rocky
 
I use reef energy (good stuff), nopox (be careful overdose cause cyano). I dont believe in dosing the color element that they have. As long as you do water change on schedule you should be good.
 
Last edited:
I've used the NoPoX for a few years. Works great, only problem is when your No3 drops to zero it becomes very hard to get it back up even after you stop dosing it, which causes slow sps growth. That's where the reef energy saves the day to make sure the corals get nutrients and don't bleach and or die. Not great for LPS dominate tanks.
I use the reef foundation and a calcium reactor for trace elements, so no need for reef colors. Love the two part, high quality in my opinion.
I had a lot of trouble trying to keep my parameters to the suggested accelerated growth. My water could not handle that high of levels of calcium and bicarbonate and would precipitate breaking pumps, reactors and clogging check valves. I now keep the alk at a rock solid 9.2 after that experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new