Long term fish in sump?

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept a Clown fish long term in their sump. I have an older clown that I got tired of her attacking me when I need to work on the tank. I was able to catch her this morning before lights on and put her my first chamber of my sump (chaeto grow area). I did toss a pvc tee fitting to give a hiding place.

Just wondering if she can live her life out down there, or if I need to find a new home for her.

Thanks!

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the chamber, she may be able to live a long life. But, instead of hiding her, why don't you donate her to a local fish store to rehome for you? I suspect someone would snap her up quickly.

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the chamber, she may be able to live a long life. But, instead of hiding her, why don't you donate her to a local fish store to rehome for you? I suspect someone would snap her up quickly.
I agree. Right now it's a temp holding area until I can make a decision. Just looking into all options now that she is out of the DT.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would live and survive down there , but is it the best living situation you can provide it with ? probably not .

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Right now it's a temp holding area until I can make a decision. Just looking into all options now that she is out of the DT.
I would say trade her but that’s only because I have no idea what the size of the chamber is.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back