Long time learner, finally starting my own reef!

E87473FF-B191-4D76-8D68-66E89EA23428.gif
 
Hello hello!

I'm kind of a newbie but kind of not. I have watched and helped the husband with his reef tanks for 10+ years. I've learned a lot and have developed the same passion for saltwater and reef keeping. I finally decided to take the plunge and start my own reef. I'm very excited to join the community and share my journey.


This was the very first picture I took of my Waterbox 15 Peninsula during my build last month. I'm very happy with it so far. Beautiful tank. More to come!

20230121_141930.jpg

Welcome! I'm Lisa. Glad you joined. Here is a Texas "Howdy" from your DFW 'neighbor'!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Texas:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new