Long time reefer first time forum poster looking for advice.

Welcome to Reef2Reef

Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move
 
I thought I would update how everything has gone so far. We have been officially in Arizona since July 4. The fish and coral have made the trip so far so good. The battery I purchased made it the whole trip with around 30% life left. We drove straight through taking shifts making stops for only gas, bathroom, food. I think this really helped. Here are some pictures of the setup I used, it's pretty simple. I used my ato pump to feed a make shift trickle filter (just drilled holes in the tool storage that came with the rolling tool box) that runs through some ceramic media I had running for about 6 months, I also tossed a bag of charcoal in there because I already had it and figured it wouldn't hurt. I have one of my powerheads in there on the lowest setting as well as an air stone. The only other equipment is a small heater hooked up to an ink bird. I did have the light on it the whole time while driving but the fan was added once we arrived. I'm still waiting on our stuff from the moving truck and can't wait to hook the apex up just to turn the fan on and off to help with over heating. Otherwise it's been running fairly well although I will feel better once I have a real system up and running.
1000033391.jpg
1000033392.jpg
1000033393.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new