Longfin Black Ice Clowns?

Vasir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 Longfin Black Ice clowns in anticipation of the new tank coming in, but that’s okay- they will just hang out in the 10g for a bit.
1 was definitely stressed out and I think he’s starting to perk up a bit, but!

He doesn’t look like a longfin black ice to me?

CBC145DF-7EA8-4D49-BB60-AFDA2B860427.jpeg

His buddy does:
31227B2E-264D-4C3D-AC3C-71B739183885.jpeg

Firstly I hope he does well; but I also don’t want to be upset at cultivated reef if I’m the ignorant one.

At the end of the day I’ll love them both the same… :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 Longfin Black Ice clowns in anticipation of the new tank coming in, but that’s okay- they will just hang out in the 10g for a bit.
1 was definitely stressed out and I think he’s starting to perk up a bit, but!

He doesn’t look like a longfin black ice to me?

CBC145DF-7EA8-4D49-BB60-AFDA2B860427.jpeg

His buddy does:
31227B2E-264D-4C3D-AC3C-71B739183885.jpeg

Firstly I hope he does well; but I also don’t want to be upset at cultivated reef if I’m the ignorant one.

At the end of the day I’ll love them both the same… :)
I wouldn’t say longfin but he maybe a juvenile black ice.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt look like a long fin to me even juveniles have a definitive long fin i would ask seller to provide pictures of the actual longfins or do you have the original pictures of what they should have looked like and i would send the pictures you have to them.

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivated Reef called me and educated me on the little guy- it’s just tough comparing him to his brother. I will enjoy watching them grow up and seeing different stages of their life.

thanks, @Cultivated Reef!

Can you share what was the education part I am interested.

When I want a specfic color I always buy in person as for example in black variants most of them swimming around is a lower grade with substantial orange coloration on their faces which wont fully go away as they grow older - obviously breeder still wants to sell them as black, but in reality they are not the intended coloration for black species.

(nothing wrong with them ofc if you dont buy them specifically for the coloration)

OP
OP
V

Vasir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share what was the education part I am interested.

When I want a specfic color I always buy in person as for example in black variants most of them swimming around is a lower grade with substantial orange coloration on their faces which wont fully go away as they grow older - obviously breeder still wants to sell them as black, but in reality they are not the intended coloration for black species.

(nothing wrong with them ofc if you dont buy them specifically for the coloration)
it was a pretty long conversation of how the black ice longfin clowns back from I think he said black storms, but also dependent on their life in the holding tanks then maybe the mutation doesnt show itself until a little later in life- or something along those lines. I have 2 black storm clownfish, and when I got them, they were orange, black and white, pretty much equally- but 8 months in theyre pretty beefy and just solid black and white.

After the lengthy talk, he did start hinting at refunding the money but I am not interested in getting anything for free- I love the little dude and I appreciated the conversation. I will post back on this thread in....6 months? with an update photo, and hopefully he has filled in and looks more long fin black iceish!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back