Longnose Butterfly opinions

mcgallagherc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Messages
331
Reaction score
195
Location
Mobile, al
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 48x24x24 housed with 1 Clown(other passed recently) 1 purple firefish, 1 behgai Cardinal, 1 watchman goby and pistol shrimp, 1 LNB, 1 Mids Blenny,1 cleaner shrimp, 1 arrow crab, BTA,1 meat coral, 1 small zoa frag(10 polyps?), 1 torch, 1 blasto(7-8 polyps?) And today I picked up a Zoa colony.

After dipping Zoa colony and placing in tank I've knotice LNB nipping and hunting but not at the Zoas. More between them and toward the rock. I posted in zoa forum about what can be seen from Dip. Any opi ions advice is appreciated in advance

20220809_163545.jpg 20220809_163600.jpg 20220809_193608.jpg
 
I think it is more likely picking microfauna (for example Worms, even the useful ones). I wouldn’t worry unless you see the coral is extremely irritated by this or actually being picked off by the butterfly.
 
He hasn't picked at them since they've opened up. Guess all is good in the world. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20220810_202233.jpg
    20220810_202233.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220810_202203.jpg
    20220810_202203.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 36

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new