Longtime Hobbyist, new round here!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
New around here, but have been in the hobby for most of my life; starting with freshwater as a kid and getting my first reef tank at 16. I started a LFS with my brother when I was 20, and recently sold him my half after 16 years to be a stay at home dad for my 5 month old daughter. Now I find myself back to enjoying my tank as a hobbyist.

I’ve also been contributing to Reef Hobbyist Magazine since 2009, submitting articles on topics from DIY projects, to cool and unique fish like the Flaming Prawn goby, resplendent and peppermint angelfish, coral propagation, etc.

I look forward to sharing my tank progress and looking out for coral trades as well. I recently set up a Red Sea Reefer 350 peninsula along with a small separate frag / QT tank.

Cheers,
Adam!
Hi Adam and welcome to r2r

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png

OP
OP
reefadam

reefadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! and cool track record! :D
1690177699217.png
Thanks! This hobby has been a big passion of mine for a long time, so was very bittersweet to leave the shop. I do look forward to staying involved, but it is a huge relief to no longer have to focus or worry about the business side of things and being able to focus on enjoying the hobby! (Having only one tank to maintain makes things easier and more enjoyable too!)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back