Look what came in the mail today...

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pump I'm very interested in. The only issue is the price tag, 150x4 vs any brand make it the most expensive one by far. And for the type of material and complexity of this machine, it shouldn't be that expensive. Yes sorry to bring the price in front but theirs no way to get around it.
Are you implying that $150 is expensive?
Cause it’s really not, especially when you compare it to others on market. The apex DOS is $300 and you have to have an apex for it to work, so this isn’t anymore expensive, and is arguably a much more robust pump with more uses.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pump I'm very interested in. The only issue is the price tag, 150x4 vs any brand make it the most expensive one by far. And for the type of material and complexity of this machine, it shouldn't be that expensive. Yes sorry to bring the price in front but theirs no way to get around it.
GHL Maxi doser is 329-slave and 379-stand alone for 2 pump units, the Maxi is more equal to the versa than say a smaller head doser. So the Versa is cheaper.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the pump strong enough to use for AWC? I have the Apex DOS but have grown tired of the Apex quality issues and would strongly consider abandoning them for EcoTech, now if they made an energy bar

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wonder, how have you employed the Versa and how is it holding up?

Timing couldn't have been any worse, I have been laying low from the web lately.

To answer your question, I haven't added it to the tank yet, I've been playing with all the features. Last week Ecotech pushed a new update for the Mobius that also refined controls for the Versa. If I was impressed with the interface prior to the update, I'm going to have to add an adverb in front of it to say that I'm thoroughly impressed now with how they refined calibration, scheduling, one time dosing, and much more.

I'm eager to talk more about it, i'm sorta in a holding pattern waiting for Ecotech to give me their blessing. I was under the impression that they were mere days or weeks from being released when I got it.

The one thing that I can say now is that I've had an infatuation with peristaltic pumps for some time, and I've collected quite a few of them (perhaps that's why Ecotech sent me this one.... not sure). The Versa embodies pretty much everything a hobbyist would want in a peristaltic pump. Mechanically it's stout and the possibilities of what it can be used for is as simple as them creating software to control it, it's a mere question of how versatile they want this pump to be.

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the pump strong enough to use for AWC? I have the Apex DOS but have grown tired of the Apex quality issues and would strongly consider abandoning them for EcoTech, now if they made an energy bar
Definitely. Ideally I would want 3 of these, one for the calcium reactor and the other 2 for AWC.

The problems that I found with DOS is how loud it is when it operates and that the stepper motors aren't rated for continuous use.

At the moment I have a dual head peristaltic pump for AWC and prefer it to run continuously, my wife would be on my case about the constant humm coming from the fish room.

The Versa is fairly silent when operating...

now if they made an energy bar
You and me both

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back