Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude this thing is AWESOME!!!

I've been playing with it for about an hour, and i've only scratched the surface of what it can do but it's going to put all other constant running peristaltic pumps in the rear view mirror.

Not to mention the brilliants in dosing as well (i haven't messed with that part yet)

The chief reason for me wanting this pump is that the only viable solution to a constant running pump for a calcium reactor is either the Kamoer fx-stp or the medical grade masterflex'. The price point for the Versa is far less than both.

I can get this to run at over 400ml per minute, (I understand that they're going to throttle it back to 300ml) but still, that's a lot of flow!!!

I'm going to provide a video shortly to show case it a bit more.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude this thing is AWESOME!!!

I've been playing with it for about an hour, and i've only scratched the surface of what it can do but it's going to put all other constant running peristaltic pumps in the rear view mirror.

Not to mention the brilliants in dosing as well (i haven't messed with that part yet)

The chief reason for me wanting this pump is that the only viable solution to a constant running pump for a calcium reactor is either the Kamoer fx-stp or the medical grade masterflex'. The price point for the Versa is far less than both.

I can get this to run at over 400ml per minute, (I understand that they're going to throttle it back to 300ml) but still, that's a lot of flow!!!

I'm going to provide a video shortly to show case it a bit more.
If you want to send it my way ill give it another review of what i think!!;Smug

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s the big difference compared to the apex dos?
The DOS isn't capable of constantly running, it's used for just that... to DOSe. What makes this such a versatile (no pun intended) pump is that it can run a circles around any peristaltic pump in the hobby. If you look at the GHL maxi doser and the neptune systems DOS they look extremely similar, except the GHL has a more robust stepper motor. They used off the shelf components.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS isn't capable of constantly running, it's used for just that... to DOSe. What makes this such a versatile (no pun intended) pump is that it can run a circles around any peristaltic pump in the hobby. If you look at the GHL maxi doser and the neptune systems DOS they look extremely similar, except the GHL has a more robust stepper motor. They used off the shelf components.
I do not believe the maxi is supposed to be run continuously. I know it can but I think if you ran it consistently it would blow the motor out a lot faster. Can this be run continuously with no wear on the motor similar to say a return pump?

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not believe the maxi is supposed to be run continuously. I know it can but I think if you ran it consistently it would blow the motor out a lot faster. Can this be run continuously with no wear on the motor similar to say a return pump?
With any peristaltic pump there's going to be wear. The only thing I can see that will eventually need replacing is the tube.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control the speed of the constantly running? Because I can constantly run the dos and the ghl but that is at full speed, you can’t dial them back.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lucky you !!

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control the speed of the constantly running? Because I can constantly run the dos and the ghl but that is at full speed, you can’t dial them back.
yes, check out the video above. The lowest rate of constant speed is 0.5ml per minute, and not sure what the max will be, but right now it's 475ml per minute.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back