Look what I caught!! (Moray Eel ID)

Can buy them now at Biota. They go out of stock fast but this you already know...
I am aware and have seen the price :(
I can’t justify spending that much on a fish and they don’t accept coral trades as payment lol
The state of Hawaii doesn’t accept corals either LOL
 
Just found this on the Hawaiian DLNR site. I guess if they list how to catch and kill them, I can have for my aquarium… maybe I get myself a snowflake eel heheh
IMG_1188.jpeg
After some research I figured out my all-time favorite saltwater fish, the Hawaiian/Japanese Dragon Eel, can be found in tide pools in Hawaii… when I get a big enough tank, I NEED ITTT!!!
 
After some research I figured out my all-time favorite saltwater fish, the Hawaiian/Japanese Dragon Eel, can be found in tide pools in Hawaii… when I get a big enough tank, I NEED ITTT!!!
Good luck if you can find one (and let me know 😉 ). They're worth a pretty penny. I'd love to get one and not have to buy one.
 
Thanks for wishing me luck! If I end up getting a big 180+ gallon tank to support it I’ll search days, weeks, months, years, however long it takes to get me a dragon eel lol. I heard they are already pretty hard to find, and in tide pools and shallow reefs especially are rare and they are usually small little babies so it will be a challenge!
 
Thanks for wishing me luck! If I end up getting a big 180+ gallon tank to support it I’ll search days, weeks, months, years, however long it takes to get me a dragon eel lol. I heard they are already pretty hard to find, and in tide pools and shallow reefs especially are rare and they are usually small little babies so it will be a challenge!
Btw I’m in Maui not Oahu so I won’t be able to share the location if I find one unless you want to fly inter island to have a slight chance to get one lol
 
Btw I’m in Maui not Oahu so I won’t be able to share the location if I find one unless you want to fly inter island to have a slight chance to get one lol
I'd fly to Maui to get a Dragon Eel. LOL. $99 flight cheaper than $2000 to buy one.

I think most of the fish I want most (bandit angel, crosshatch trigger, flame wrasse) are probably more common on Maui or Big Island than here.
 
Btw I’m in Maui not Oahu so I won’t be able to share the location if I find one unless you want to fly inter island to have a slight chance to get one lol
I'd fly to Maui to get a Dragon Eel. LOL. $99 flight cheaper than $2000 to buy one.
LOL. There are some big tide pools here and I might be able to find more than one. If I see 2 I’ll take one for myself and let you know where I saw the other one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new