Looking at Auto Top Off equipment, what performs as advertised.

dsh92056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried all the different ATO's just Tunze and Neptune ATK. I had nothing but problems with Neptune's (could have been operator error.) I use Tunze on both my tanks with zero problems going on 5 years.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second autotopoff.com for ATO control. Been using the redundant electronic float switch for years and years. Rock soild.

Sonor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Tunze ATO over 7 years now 24 gallon and 200 gallon reef and 100 FW, I don't think you can beat them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tunze Osmolator is the base standard for ATO's (and the Osmolator Nano which is this unit's little brother). Fun fact is that Tunze actually invented the ATO. :) I have an Apex, so I use their ATK, and I love it! I can recommend either of those options.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze Osmolator is the base standard for ATO's (and the Osmolator Nano which is this unit's little brother). Fun fact is that Tunze actually invented the ATO. :) I have an Apex, so I use their ATK, and I love it! I can recommend either of those options.

Have you used both then? I have a tunze and really like it but my system is also automated via Neptune so the info their atk would provide would be nice. I didn’t go with the atk originally since it was new but now that its been out for a while have you seen any reason not to switch

I need a second ato for a non Neptune monitored system so I have to make the purchase anyways and I would just put the tunze there

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use and my brother and buddies use we have never had a problem ever. Mines been up and running for 3 yrs I have it installed in a 29 gal biocube. It pumps about four foot from my reservoir to display.

CFCD806E-A361-41E3-BCCE-8EE73431B340.jpeg
I also us AutoAqua but have the AWC. I used is as an ATO only for the first 6 months and it pulls from the bottom of a large Brute can on the floor to the sump sitting on an old kitchen table beside it. Works great. Hooked up the auto water change pumps a couple of m0nths ago and now water changes are as easy as mixing water and touching the screen. It was about $200 and worth every penny.

MarineMalecki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the Tunze 3155.....used mine for several years and it worked well.....the only 2 issues I had were minor:
1) I used kalk in my ATO, so periodically I'd have to soak the pump and tubing in vinegar to dissolve the kalk buildup
2) The pump that was included wasn't self-priming, so every time I'd refill my ATO water container, I'd have to re-prime the pump. Not the end of the world, and not a problem with the operation of the system, but just something to be aware of.

I switched to the Hydor ATO on my new system (600g) since I wanted a larger pump to top off the ~10-20g of evaporation each day. That system has worked very reliably as well for the past 2 years.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back