Looking at getting back into the hobby

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I used to have a beautiful 190 gallon reef system back in the day. Sold it off back in 2011. I was very active on FRAG back when it used to be on RC. Recently logged back on and found my way over here.

I've been watching my friends 32 Biocube while they have been on vacation. Oh no I'm starting to get that itch again.

I found a few old photos that survived on RC over the years. Brought back such great memories of my old tank. Too bad most of the photos have disappeared.

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1943.jpeg

IMG_1940.jpeg

Original tank a few months after getting it up an running and doing a re-aquascape with my live rock (hence the cloudy water). Wish I could find a photo of my mature tank.
IMG_1938.jpeg

Last edited:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No overflow, but one can be added. I upgraded the 45 to a 60 and drilled the glass. I used a Fiji cube overflow kit, really nice overflow. I believe it's a marine land tank. I'll have to get some pictures of it. It does need to be cleaned.

OP
OP
mike89t

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No overflow, but one can be added. I upgraded the 45 to a 60 and drilled the glass. I used a Fiji cube overflow kit, really nice overflow. I believe it's a marine land tank. I'll have to get some pictures of it. It does need to be cleaned.
I’ll take it.

OP
OP
mike89t

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly making progress on things. Here is my build thread:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike it looks like the tank found a good home. I was just getting ready to send you a text to see if you had setup the tank. Lol Enjoy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back