Looking back on it…..

What is the one piece of reefing equipment that you wished you started using sooner?

100% think about this all the time. I regret not using an algae scrubber from the start. I would have prevented issues and saved a lot of time and money spent on reactors, gfo, harvesting cheato that didn’t make an impact
 
100% think about this all the time. I regret not using an algae scrubber from the start. I would have prevented issues and saved a lot of time and money spent on reactors, gfo, harvesting cheato that didn’t make an impact
I actually use an algae scrubber on my discus tank. It has been very beneficial with controlling nitrates.
 
I started my reef slowly - Fowler for first year, and then learned how to maintain stable parameter for corals, and then mixed reef. The one piece of equipment I found was most important for a reef was a controller that allowed me to make adjustments remotely!
If you stay at home (retired/workathomejob) then it probably doesn't matter - but for those that like to travel, or have demanding job you must have something that allows you to monitor/control key items remotely
 
I started my reef slowly - Fowler for first year, and then learned how to maintain stable parameter for corals, and then mixed reef. The one piece of equipment I found was most important for a reef was a controller that allowed me to make adjustments remotely!
If you stay at home (retired/workathomejob) then it probably doesn't matter - but for those that like to travel, or have demanding job you must have something that allows you to monitor/control key items remotely
Which controller system are you using?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new