Looking for a decent HOB skimmer

OR_REEFING

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
troy mo
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Struggling trying to find a halfway decent skimmer for my 65g jbj all in one. Tank will have a decent bioload and I will be feeding quite a bit. I currently have the ICECAP AIO 240 but it isn’t doing a great job and it’s really hard to tune. Any help is much appreciated. TIA
 
Like my aquamaxx 1.5 on my 40g breeder. I dont think they make them anymore but have a very similar one (rebranded?) to it now.
 
The 2 best hob skimmers I've ever used are the octopus classic 1000 and the AquaMaxx 1.5.
You can still find some Aquamaxx 1.5's around, but they replaced it with the Aquaready Bullet which IMO is not as good as the Aquamaxx.
 
Having a sump is also a great idea. You can get a skimmer that can’t overflow. Also a lot of room for a refugium and reactors. Reef octopus always has my heart. But recently added a bubble magus to a 7.5 gallon tank (2 gallon sump). The Magus works surprisingly well.
 
The 2 best hob skimmers I've ever used are the octopus classic 1000 and the AquaMaxx 1.5.
You can still find some Aquamaxx 1.5's around, but they replaced it with the Aquaready Bullet which IMO is not as good as the Aquamaxx.
Agree currently running Aquamaxx 1.5 for over 5 years. Love it. BRS has them but they are now called Aquaready 1.5 Exactly the same product. Amazon also sells them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new