Looking for a digi timer

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrDJeep123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
480
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the time of super outrageous expensive controllers *glares @ a certain company*, there were these things called timers. I used to have an analog timer for my lights. But I'm looking for a good digital timer than I can use to control 2 BRS dosers that I need to hook up. I'm not sure what to look for since the timer will be used for dosing the pumps. What brand or kind have you had success for those that use/d them? Thanks!
 
I'd check eBay for dual digital timers. My son got one for like 8 bucks free shipping.
IMAG1731.jpg
IMAG1732.jpg
 
He used it to beat up (wavemaker) korallias and to run a Tom's lift pump multiple times a day for a minute for a ato he never got into a controller like I did and still do.
 
Oh...I like that. Do you have the switch or no? How long have you had it? Any issues with set up?
I don't have switch. Been in use 2 years, runs 2min every half hour. I unplugged it a couple months ago to change something and it lost programming, backup coin battery had died. But I really can't complain, picked up a new battery for a couple bucks and reset it and it is good as new. ( edit to say, I do really like that I can unplug it and sit on the couch to program 48 time settings) I probably should just replace it (battery) every year.
I like the override button, comes in handy if I want to prime a line or something.
Programming directions were easy to follow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new