Looking for a GFO Reactor for a All in one tank...

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I guy pure carbon aswell put that also in a media bag? Could place it in my media basket

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk which to buy Seachem Phosguard or 2 Little fishes Phosban?
Either will work fine. There is no best in this hobby, too many variables. Don't be swayed by so many arguments. If you are going to do something, research it thoroughly (don't just post a thread and go with whatever sounds most convincing), and stick to it. Things typically take a while to work, and nothing good happens fast. Also you cant freak out over little imperfections, we do not understand aquarium as much as we like to think we do at times. I know many very successful and smart vendors and hobbyist that will consistently loose things to who knows what.

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it strips too much out... phosphate and nitrate for that matter are essential for keeping SPS. Unless you have high phosphates there's absolutely no reason to run GFO... and even then there are better methods for removal.
I added gfo to my nano and it was a death sentence. Once I hit near 0 levels all the problems started. Now I’ve been fighting dinos for 3 months. I have to work out of town occasionally and I’m the soul provider for my tank. When I came home dinos had killed 9 fairly high end frags ranging from acros and montis to tourches and acans. It was a disaster. Luckily in my case vibrant seems to be fighting them back. Now it just a 4 month wait until aquashella to restock.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted BRS returned the reactor + the media I Purchased... the SeachemPhosguad, Marineland Carbon and media bags should be here Friday. Let’s see if that works....

I decided I’m going to remove my cheato from my media basket and put phosguard in the 2nd level and carbon in the 3rd level

We’ll see what happens in the coming days

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So added carbon and Phosguard did a 5g water change Sunday, haven’t done any water test since then and looks like my Nitrate is around 25 and Phosphates at 0.05.....

Haven’t fed the tank today either

1E8ED960-1D02-4A92-AA83-D55ED288AFE9.jpeg 1156152A-69B0-4A78-B223-DDA0BF46954B.jpeg

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chambers in my AIO are filled with **** so maybe that’s leeching? I’m gonna try and clean that Saturday and see if anything changes

D364CA04-699B-4AD7-8389-E49FA0641587.jpeg

KHunter0622

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry to much about the chambers. As long as you have plenty of live rock, a nice sand bed, and some form of porous media, the tank will probably cycle and balance out. The more changes you make in a short amount of time the less the tank knows what’s going on and the less it can finish adapting to whatever situation.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back