Plumbing for a BRS reactor?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I plan to upgrade my PICO tank and was thinking about doing a sort of experiment. Wanting to run a reactor (chaeto) in line with the return of an AOI. I have one something similar when I ran a Canister filter as the return for an AOI, but I was kinda lucky in that all of the plumbing sort of worked out. If I use a BRS reactor are there specific bulkheads I can use or was to convert the return to lok line?

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a dual bulk head with gate valves, one supplies the mini reactor and one supplies the recirculating skimmer.

I just used silicon tubing and barbed fittings on both the reactor and the PVC Tees at the manifold.

The one problem I had is my system used metric plumbing so the manifold didn’t fit tightly on the PVC. I ended up 3d printing a small circular adapter from ABS to wedge in between the fittings and get a tight seal. Had to get a specialty glue to bond ABS to to PVC. Was a mild pain but job well done at end of day.

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I made a dual bulk head with gate valves, one supplies the mini reactor and one supplies the recirculating skimmer.

I just used silicon tubing and barbed fittings on both the reactor and the PVC Tees at the manifold.

The one problem I had is my system used metric plumbing so the manifold didn’t fit tightly on the PVC. I ended up 3d printing a small circular adapter from ABS to wedge in between the fittings and get a tight seal. Had to get a specialty glue to bond ABS to to PVC. Was a mild pain but job well done at end of day.
Yeah I hadn't though about just using a barbed fitting and switching to a different type of tubing. That would probably make it much easier to attach a reactor to the retun jet as apposed to using the mur-lok/john guest fittings.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8132.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back