Looking for a good but quiet light for Waterbox 35.2

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am looking for a good (budget if possible) light for a waterbox 35.2, the catching being I would like it to be relatively quiet. The aquarium is by the TV and I can be a little sensitive to sound. Ideally it would be strong enough to be able to grow SPS in the future. Tank display dimensions are 23in L x 14in W x 19in H.

I was about to get a noopsyche but I heard they can be loud?

Any advice is appreciated!

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert here but my Red Sea ReefLeds don't make any sound unless I crank them up to 100%.
And even at 100% it's not bad at all. Only audible when the room is completely quiet.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would to for an AI Prime light or a Kessil a160WE (.. which i absolutely love!)- although for growing SPS I am not confident that these would be quite enough on their own..

Seems overkill to stick on a Radion, Kessil a360 or similar although they would definetly get you where you want to go! ;)

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think the AI prime is strong enough for the dimensions? I might try to find someone with the noopsyche and get a first hand account of how loud they are as the light does look great and is quite a bit cheaper + comes with a mount.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha yes, budget was purposefully vague. Ideally as cheap as possible while not getting too much additional noise into the room. To put it in perspective a Noopsyche will be about $250 CAD (maybe customs), AI Prime HD will be $400 CAD. So somewhere around there?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think the AI prime is strong enough for the dimensions? I might try to find someone with the noopsyche and get a first hand account of how loud they are as the light does look great and is quite a bit cheaper + comes with a mount.
Probably not for SPS i'm affraid!

What you could look for is a used AI Hydra / Radion! That might do you well and fit the bill regarding the requirements you have set. Plenty of those up on eBay!

You could also have a look at a couple of AI Blades :) I have not seen any cheap options suggested yet though- so let's wait and see what people has to say :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back