Lighting For 125G

AllyssaM23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for Lighting?
I have a 125 gallon tank, hoping to get something under $200 good quality and can grow corals but im flexable on price.
Dimension I'm looking for is, 16" L x 8" W (Height Doesn't Matter)
Current Corals Are: Kenya Tree, Zoas, Green Star Polyp, Neon Green Toadstool, Daisy Polyps, Duncan.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my light for my 15g for over 200 dollars. That budget is pretty tough, so if you want to get nice lights, you will need to be willing to spend more. Also, you will most likely need multiple lights to light that tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AllyssaM23

AllyssaM23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my light for my 15g for over 200 dollars. That budget is pretty tough, so if you want to get nice lights, you will need to be willing to spend more. Also, you will most likely need multiple lights to light that tank.
I am looking for 1 light to be to be around 200. Sorry I wasn't specific. I'm planning on getting 3 over 200 total

Upvote 0

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for 1 light to be to be around 200. Sorry I wasn't specific. I'm planning on getting 3 over 200 total
3 lights to each cover a 2 foot span, each one costing 200 bucks, is more reasonable.

The "black box" LEDs were very popular for quite a while. Amazon has the 165 watt Viparspectra on sale for $136 right now, so that's an option.

On the same website, the Nicrew 150W version would be one I would consider. It is a little more controllable than the black boxes. The Smatfarm line would have similar specs. I don't remember which of those is supposed to be better.

Noopsyche K7 (not the mini) would be the other cheaper light I would look at. It would probably be my choice in that price point.

Upvote 0

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for Lighting?
I have a 125 gallon tank, hoping to get something under $200 good quality and can grow corals but im flexable on price.
Dimension I'm looking for is, 16" L x 8" W (Height Doesn't Matter)
Current Corals Are: Kenya Tree, Zoas, Green Star Polyp, Neon Green Toadstool, Daisy Polyps, Duncan.
The depth matters depending on coral you need good par for quite a few. I use a Razor on my 40 but just have mushrooms

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AllyssaM23

AllyssaM23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 lights to each cover a 2 foot span, each one costing 200 bucks, is more reasonable.

The "black box" LEDs were very popular for quite a while. Amazon has the 165 watt Viparspectra on sale for $136 right now, so that's an option.

On the same website, the Nicrew 150W version would be one I would consider. It is a little more controllable than the black boxes. The Smatfarm line would have similar specs. I don't remember which of those is supposed to be better.

Noopsyche K7 (not the mini) would be the other cheaper light I would look at. It would probably be my choice in that price point.
Thank You for all of your help!

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back