Lighting For 125G

AllyssaM23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
Port Charlotte, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for Lighting?
I have a 125 gallon tank, hoping to get something under $200 good quality and can grow corals but im flexable on price.
Dimension I'm looking for is, 16" L x 8" W (Height Doesn't Matter)
Current Corals Are: Kenya Tree, Zoas, Green Star Polyp, Neon Green Toadstool, Daisy Polyps, Duncan.
 
You are lighting a 6 foot tank, correct? What do you mean by those dimensions?

200 bucks for a 6 foot tank will be pretty tough.
 
Upvote 0
I got my light for my 15g for over 200 dollars. That budget is pretty tough, so if you want to get nice lights, you will need to be willing to spend more. Also, you will most likely need multiple lights to light that tank.
 
Upvote 0
I got my light for my 15g for over 200 dollars. That budget is pretty tough, so if you want to get nice lights, you will need to be willing to spend more. Also, you will most likely need multiple lights to light that tank.
I am looking for 1 light to be to be around 200. Sorry I wasn't specific. I'm planning on getting 3 over 200 total
 
Upvote 0
I am looking for 1 light to be to be around 200. Sorry I wasn't specific. I'm planning on getting 3 over 200 total
3 lights to each cover a 2 foot span, each one costing 200 bucks, is more reasonable.

The "black box" LEDs were very popular for quite a while. Amazon has the 165 watt Viparspectra on sale for $136 right now, so that's an option.

On the same website, the Nicrew 150W version would be one I would consider. It is a little more controllable than the black boxes. The Smatfarm line would have similar specs. I don't remember which of those is supposed to be better.

Noopsyche K7 (not the mini) would be the other cheaper light I would look at. It would probably be my choice in that price point.
 
Upvote 0
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for Lighting?
I have a 125 gallon tank, hoping to get something under $200 good quality and can grow corals but im flexable on price.
Dimension I'm looking for is, 16" L x 8" W (Height Doesn't Matter)
Current Corals Are: Kenya Tree, Zoas, Green Star Polyp, Neon Green Toadstool, Daisy Polyps, Duncan.
The depth matters depending on coral you need good par for quite a few. I use a Razor on my 40 but just have mushrooms
 
Upvote 0
3 lights to each cover a 2 foot span, each one costing 200 bucks, is more reasonable.

The "black box" LEDs were very popular for quite a while. Amazon has the 165 watt Viparspectra on sale for $136 right now, so that's an option.

On the same website, the Nicrew 150W version would be one I would consider. It is a little more controllable than the black boxes. The Smatfarm line would have similar specs. I don't remember which of those is supposed to be better.

Noopsyche K7 (not the mini) would be the other cheaper light I would look at. It would probably be my choice in that price point.
Thank You for all of your help!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new