Looking for a LED light that sits on tank rim directly

Tobias9413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 20g peninsula AIO. The main water section measures 19” long by 13” wide and 16” tall. I’m looking for a light that will sit on the tank rim. I currently have a Current USA LED Bluetooth but I don’t believe this will be enough for anemones in the future. I don’t plan on keeping any SPS besides a montipora Cap but nothing else. Main tank will be 1 anemone and LPS

My partner doesn’t like the light bleed from the regular lights that are usually mounted about 5 inches above the tank. I also like the sleek look of the current USA light and don’t want to get a canopy which in my opinion defeats the purpose of the rimless tank. Any recommendations to replace this light?
Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 20g peninsula AIO. The main water section measures 19” long by 13” wide and 16” tall. I’m looking for a light that will sit on the tank rim. I currently have a Current USA LED Bluetooth but I don’t believe this will be enough for anemones in the future. I don’t plan on keeping any SPS besides a montipora Cap but nothing else. Main tank will be 1 anemone and LPS

My partner doesn’t like the light bleed from the regular lights that are usually mounted about 5 inches above the tank. I also like the sleek look of the current USA light and don’t want to get a canopy which in my opinion defeats the purpose of the rimless tank. Any recommendations to replace this light?
Thanks!
Maybe some of the LED strips out there like orphek or reefbrite. Will have to check through them to see recommendations. That being said I have an in wall tank and the lights still bleed through the glass.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine tuning with light shades and light height will be your best bet in trying to minimize bleed with any type of light IME.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek or3 bars, can get 24/36/48/60" bars, they have a thick acryllic sheet guard over the lights for possible splashing of water onto the bar so it's protected. They just came out with a violet/UV bar that I am in love with. I have a condy anemone under a blue + / violet UV and it is happy. They come with mounting brackets - you could hang them or just sit them directly on top of the rim of your tank.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!
Why not just add a second Current?

2 lights side by side is 7"

Err never mind, might still be weaker than you are hoping for
Maybe 90-ish on the floor.

Lights using reflectors have much less side glare so mounting height is less of an issue.

1/2 the wattage but fan less.

I know still not sitting " on tank" but glare should be considerably reduced compared to alternatives.

Last edited:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word of caution .The popbloom controllers on those lights are fairly " bare bones" as to what you can do with it.
Their lights with the "Turing" controller are more err dkexible.
Just an fyi...
Your needs/wants besides par need to be considered.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluval Sea & Marine 3.0 strip sits right on the rim and would probably cover it. Might hit PAR with a single light, might need a second, though. They're decent lights, though.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluval Sea & Marine 3.0 strip sits right on the rim and would probably cover it. Might hit PAR with a single light, might need a second, though. They're decent lights, though.
Except for the Nano's I don't think there is a light that fits a 19" tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back