looking for a piece of live rock

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, anyone have a smallish piece of live rock for sale or loan? I'm in the process of getting my old rock ready for my new system and need something to help seed it for the next few months.

thanks!

vince

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chunk for you in Mystic.
Thanks JerSaint, I appreciate the offer. I should have mentioned location. Mystic is a bit of a haul for me.

I think I'll swing by the local reef shop. I haven't been in 3 years!!! He probably doesn't even remember my name.... :(

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I checked out my local shop as well as the one by work. Suffice to say I'm still looking. What are some good shops in or around new haven/Bridgeport that may have a good selection of live rock? Should I make the drive to Greenwich? Like I said, been out awhile so not sure of the good spots. Likewise if anyone in the area has a smallish piece I can purchase with some life (coralline, sponge, pods or Macro algae)?

Whyteboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Blakes aqua den might be able to help you out. They are in meriden. Not too local but getting closer lol

OP
OP
ctreefer

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I might not make it this week but hopefully soon.

Does anyone know if "The Coral Reef LLC" in Stratford still exists? I remember before I left the hobby that they opened their doors but I never made it over there. Tried to call today but message recording was from November and their website link is a **** site....

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I might not make it this week but hopefully soon.

Does anyone know if "The Coral Reef LLC" in Stratford still exists? I remember before I left the hobby that they opened their doors but I never made it over there. Tried to call today but message recording was from November and their website link is a **** site....

The Coral Reef, LLC is still around, but it's not the brick and mortar that you recall. They are still in Stratford but now operate by appointment only out of their home, garage to be specific. The same great coral inventory and fish by special order. (203) 908-3133 is the # off their FB page. Good luck.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back