Looking for a powder dispenser

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone point to ideas or products that will be able to deliver a precise measure if powder into my tank ?

I see dosers for liquid , looking for something that can deal with powder.

Thanks

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone point to ideas or products that will be able to deliver a precise measure if powder into my tank ?

I see dosers for liquid , looking for something that can deal with powder.

Thanks
IDK?

Could the measured powder be compressed into pill form and dispensed with an auto feeder like the fishmate 14? Not sure what it is you are looking to do but this is what came to mind. Might not dissolve fast enough for what you have in mind.

Curious... what is the powder that you are trying to dose?

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK?

Could the measured powder be compressed into pill form and dispensed with an auto feeder like the fishmate 14? Not sure what it is you are looking to do but this is what came to mind. Might not dissolve fast enough for what you have in mind.

Curious... what is the powder that you are trying to dose?
Great idea but i cant make a pill . Im using BioCalcium from tropic marin . I have to leave town for a few weeks. I dose a scoop daily . It is sprinkled in the high flow area in my fuge

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant you dilute it into ato water . or use a Liquid dosing pump. Since powder will compact and clump especially Calcium turning it to a Liquid would be your best bet ...

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about mixing it with a precise ratio of ro/di and running a dosing pump while your away. As long as it dissolves completely and you know the ratio of powder to water you would know how much liquid to dose per day to get the right dose. And maybe it won't work but it's my last shot at it.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant you dilute it into ato water . or use a Liquid dosing pump. Since powder will compact and clump especially Calcium turning it to a Liquid would be your best bet ...
Thanks. Unfortunately it has to be mixed to salt water . Trying to convert it to a liquid will make it clump up . Im a bit away from venturing into dosing like a 2 part ir kalwaser or getting a calcium reactor. Its just 6 months old and still trying to understand the science. Here is an evening picture

IMG_20180906_163714.jpg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1820.PNG

It allows you to put what you need in 14 separate chambers and you have it dispense between 1 and 4 times a day. Works great for pellet and flake. Not sure how powder would do.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1820.PNG

It allows you to put what you need in 14 separate chambers and you have it dispense between 1 and 4 times a day. Works great for pellet and flake. Not sure how powder would do.
Yes i see its a measured container , worth exploring

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Unfortunately it has to be mixed to salt water . Trying to convert it to a liquid will make it clump up . Im a bit away from venturing into dosing like a 2 part ir kalwaser or getting a calcium reactor. Its just 6 months old and still trying to understand the science. Here is an evening picture

IMG_20180906_163714.jpg
Great looking tank!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back