Looking for a return pump, opinion needed

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on the DC bandwagon. I feel its similar to when LED's hit the market, many spoke out of fear but eventually the majority switched over :)
It's not so much that it's DC, it's that they're unproven. Or, in the case of some DC pumps, proven to be unreliable. It's also not just the pump itself, it's the transformer. That's a real weak point in terms of reliability.

A failing LED light won't kill your tank over the weekend.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce Syncra SDC. Putting the first one on today and feel good about it. Sicce is known for quality and a 5 year warranty is better than anything short of an Abyzz. I run deepwater, waveline, jebao and Ecotech and in all honesty jebao are junk, Ecotech, deepwater and waveline are all about the same difference being I can get parts for the Ecotech. Deepwater and waveline are harder to get parts for and it doesn’t help that power supplies and controller connections change all the time so that you can’t always interchange something as simple as a power supply on the same model pump.

MD11drvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t go wrong with the SICCE dc pumps. I have 2 and they’re great. Also, WiFi controllable! Good luck!

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my pump...

VERY VERY strong little guy! And its the new controller:cool:

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update... still running and I'm extremely happy with the rpm display.
Just thought I'd update :)

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2021 update...

still running. It’s been running just about every day since I purchased it with the exception of a move. I’ve been running it consistently at 28w which is one level before max output.

im very happy with it. I actually need to upgrade to the bldc 10 or better now that I’m running it on a Red Sea 525.

just thought I’d follow up

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a 45 gallon tank you don't need any more than 300gph at the tank.
Checkout the VarioS-2.
Non dc pump I'd look at the Sicce Syncra 3.0 or the 4.0
I’m going to second the varios. Either model 2 or 4 will do what you want just fine. 3-5 times turnover through the sump is more than enough.
The varios has a solid track record too

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021 update...

still running. It’s been running just about every day since I purchased it with the exception of a move. I’ve been running it consistently at 28w which is one level before max output.

im very happy with it. I actually need to upgrade to the bldc 10 or better now that I’m running it on a Red Sea 525.

just thought I’d follow up
Oops, didn’t realize how old this thread was. That’s what I get for not reading through it. Glad that pump has worked out well

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back