Looking for a silent filtersock holder...

everpresentnoob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2024
Messages
187
Reaction score
114
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently removed my Reefmat from my sump as I feel it was pulling to much stuff out of the water and my nutrients were constantly going to 0/0 and then YAY DINOS!!! 4 tmes in a row... I bought a coule of 4 inch socks and a couple of the "clip on the edge of the sump" style sock holders, but the water crashing into the sock makes noise. noise that i do not like. Im trying to find soe sort of drop in contraption that will have a space for the water to fall into that I can run the drain line from my DT overflow into and below the water surface, then the water will flow over the sock in a shelf type thing so that as the water goes into the sock it isnt loud. I know Ive seen them on BRS and such, but there has to be a DIY way to do this that dosent cost 100 bucks...

Any one got any ideas? I found a couple that I could 3D print, but I only have a resin printer and Im NOT putting that into my aquarium water....
 
Yes, and then its a pain to pull the sock out as curently there is about a 2 inch drop from top edge of sump to the top of sock, and then another 3 or 4 inches to the water line... Thats my other concern with my current setup, only about 1/2 the sock is in the water in the sump... Currently the vertical piece going into the sock is NOT glued in, so I can pull it out to ease the sock removal. That vertical pipe is about 8 inches long right now....


20250427_145702.jpg
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new