Looking for a Specific Sump Design

chaoticreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a 30" sump with a 7" sock. I want the overflow type of feed into the sock design, not directly feed into the sock that creates loud splashing noses. The Trigger Systems' Tideline 30 is a perfect fit for what I am looking for:

https://www.mattscorals.com/tideline-sump-30-x-16/

But...there are clues that this model is discontinued and the few websites that say it's available seem sketchy (phones numbers discontinued and others that only do drop-shipping and haven't answered my questions emails and texts to see if it's really available.) DFW Aquarium Supplies say they have 9 in stock but they are a wholesale place and I have no clue how up-to-date their website is, wholesales are known to be horrible at keeping their inventory list up-to-date.

There's the Bashsea Signature Series 30" sump, but it has only one 1.5" bulkhead to drain into it. I need at least two 1" bulkhead drains into it.

So...Can anyone give me suggestions or help me directly. I can only think up to ask in used equipment wanted forum, but I think my chances are zero while my current sump is down because I have a leaky bulkhead in the back of the reef tank after 7-8 years of running and I need to tear down the tank to get to it, so I figured if I am going to go through that distance I might as well get the sump I have been dreaming for. Any help/suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Bill

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what little I was able to find, the Tideline sumps are only available directly through retailers - which might explain why there's no information on Trigger's website. Have you contacted Trigger directly?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back