looking for a sump...

6Speed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm looking for a sump. 20 gallon long would be optimal if it's an off the shelf aquarium that has added baffles. If it's acrylic something in the 10-20 gallon range would be great, but let me know what you have !

Thanks

usctrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a 10g and a 20g glass tank that I have used for hospital tank. You can make your own sump, I made all 4 of mine from existing tanks.

OP
OP

6Speed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Hoover. Sump is for a 20 gallon tank. I would use a 10, but the 20 long will give me extra room for equipment and such.

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use heavy duty storage bins for a sump. There is a 17gl. Black variety with a yellow top that I have used for sumps many times. Easy to drill for exterior pumps too. I can't remember if I got them from Home Depot or Lowes.

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have ridges to help with stability. You can cut plexy or glass and silacone it into the grooves. Account for some flexing thoughor If you don't want it to flex so much you can use the lid and cut out the middle. That way, the top won't flex so much. Be creative.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a older {heavy} 30 + gal breeder tank you can have if you want it, I used it for a refugium for a couple of years, you can have glass cut for the baffels at most any hardware store and silicone them in place, { glass is cheap and it lasts} that way you can lay out you equipment where you want it then add you baffels to fit, just kinda need to know what kind of space you have avilable under your tank, this may be to big for your stand, I would measure the space under your stand and ask around to see if you can find a older tank that will fit that space, in sump skimmers, pumps, and such take up more space than you think sometimes,

OP
OP

6Speed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a older {heavy} 30 + gal breeder tank you can have if you want it, I used it for a refugium for a couple of years, you can have glass cut for the baffels at most any hardware store and silicone them in place, { glass is cheap and it lasts} that way you can lay out you equipment where you want it then add you baffels to fit, just kinda need to know what kind of space you have avilable under your tank, this may be to big for your stand, I would measure the space under your stand and ask around to see if you can find a older tank that will fit that space, in sump skimmers, pumps, and such take up more space than you think sometimes,

awesome, pm sent!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back