Looking for a weeping willow or very long polyp toadstool

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone on here bought one from Whitlyn aquatics or aqua coarls? Thinking of possibly purchasing one from them. I don think they are the true ones. I am also inquiring if anyone has some frags for sale or know of a better place to get one?

RyanN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone on here bought one from Whitlyn aquatics or aqua coarls? Thinking of possibly purchasing one from them. I don think they are the true ones. I am also inquiring if anyone has some frags for sale or know of a better place to get one?
I have one from both places. The aqua corals toadstool got huge and my polyps are long but not weeping. The Whitlyn aquatics toadstool is a big frag at this point but the polyps are long but definitely not weeping. Different tanks/lighting/flow may make them longer.

OP
OP
nano reef

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one from both places. The aqua corals toadstool got huge and my polyps are long but not weeping. The Whitlyn aquatics toadstool is a big frag at this point but the polyps are long but definitely not weeping. Different tanks/lighting/flow may make them longer.
Which of the two more resembles a weeping willow? About how long would you say th e polyps are from both and which grows faster...Sorry so many questions! Have you ever heard of Biota? They have some to that closely resembles them. I read someone in a post referred them. They are in Fl and so am I so shipping will be much cheaper!

RyanN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000000463.jpg
here is the aqua corals toadstool. I can get a picture of the Whitlyn Aquatics toadstool in a couple hours.

OP
OP
nano reef

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! The whitlyn looks very short! I have a local guy That has these 2 for only 30 bucks so I might just go with the white one. He says its only 2 inchs long so definitely not a true weeping willow but It will work for now especially since I am picking up some other corals from him anyway on Sunday! Thanks for pics. There is someone on ebay now claiming he has true japense and with lineage but I forgot from where! attaching pics Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 28
  • toadstool1.jpg
    toadstool1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 23

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back