Looking for a weeping willow or very long polyp toadstool

  • Thread starter Thread starter nano reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
507
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone on here bought one from Whitlyn aquatics or aqua coarls? Thinking of possibly purchasing one from them. I don think they are the true ones. I am also inquiring if anyone has some frags for sale or know of a better place to get one?
 
Has anyone on here bought one from Whitlyn aquatics or aqua coarls? Thinking of possibly purchasing one from them. I don think they are the true ones. I am also inquiring if anyone has some frags for sale or know of a better place to get one?
I have one from both places. The aqua corals toadstool got huge and my polyps are long but not weeping. The Whitlyn aquatics toadstool is a big frag at this point but the polyps are long but definitely not weeping. Different tanks/lighting/flow may make them longer.
 
I have one from both places. The aqua corals toadstool got huge and my polyps are long but not weeping. The Whitlyn aquatics toadstool is a big frag at this point but the polyps are long but definitely not weeping. Different tanks/lighting/flow may make them longer.
Which of the two more resembles a weeping willow? About how long would you say th e polyps are from both and which grows faster...Sorry so many questions! Have you ever heard of Biota? They have some to that closely resembles them. I read someone in a post referred them. They are in Fl and so am I so shipping will be much cheaper!
 
1000000463.jpg
here is the aqua corals toadstool. I can get a picture of the Whitlyn Aquatics toadstool in a couple hours.
 
1000000615.jpg
here is the Whitlyn aquatics weeping willow.
 
1000000618.jpg
this is the TCN weeping willow or whatever they call it.
 
Wow! The whitlyn looks very short! I have a local guy That has these 2 for only 30 bucks so I might just go with the white one. He says its only 2 inchs long so definitely not a true weeping willow but It will work for now especially since I am picking up some other corals from him anyway on Sunday! Thanks for pics. There is someone on ebay now claiming he has true japense and with lineage but I forgot from where! attaching pics Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 76
  • toadstool1.jpg
    toadstool1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 64

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new