Looking for advice for selling on Ebay/Etsy

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the best section to post this thread but as the title says, I'm looking for advice on selling livestock, in this case macroalgae, on Ebay or Etsy. I might be in the minority but, I actually preferred and had more success with the Classified Ads system than old/now current forum system of selling on this site. I grow a lot of different uncommon macroalgae and like to sell the excess so that other people can have these cool macros too and to help fund more additions and upgrades to my tanks.

I've been thinking about opening an Etsy shop to have another way to sell the macros but I'm completely new to sites like that. I also prefer Etsy because it's a little more visually appealing to me. So if you have any experience with Etsy or Ebay, I would love to hear your thoughts about selling on these sites. I would also love to hear about the pros and cons between the two sites if you're familiar with both. Thank you!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve sold on both but not livestock. It’s like a marketplace you can have it be as simple or complex as you want. You could make your own brand and take product photos or have it be like Facebook Marketplace. In terms of selling you have to look at the requirements for livestock/how to label it etc. I’d say eBay only because Etsy is typically for crafts, handmade items, and DIY products and has more restrictions on selling livestock/bans most if not all. I think you’ll have more success on eBay…because eBay is like Amazon. I’d also consider cross posting especially on Facebook Marketplace and locally that way there’s no shipping involved. Just try not to use the words “real/live” because like most platforms anything live including corals are banned use “fake” instead. And definitely be sure to pack anything live very well in cooler bags, with lots of air, etc. and expedited shipping.

slurpeee76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the best section to post this thread but as the title says, I'm looking for advice on selling livestock, in this case macroalgae, on Ebay or Etsy. I might be in the minority but, I actually preferred and had more success with the Classified Ads system than old/now current forum system of selling on this site. I grow a lot of different uncommon macroalgae and like to sell the excess so that other people can have these cool macros too and to help fund more additions and upgrades to my tanks.

I've been thinking about opening an Etsy shop to have another way to sell the macros but I'm completely new to sites like that. I also prefer Etsy because it's a little more visually appealing to me. So if you have any experience with Etsy or Ebay, I would love to hear your thoughts about selling on these sites. I would also love to hear about the pros and cons between the two sites if you're familiar with both. Thank you!
has anyone tried to sell a tank on ebay? trying to find the best way to sell my tank - tried offerup and craigslist haven't gotten many hits

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back