Looking for advice or coral placement/ choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sockcman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sockcman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
15
Location
BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on getting my first corals and I am looking for some advice on which spots of my tank would be ideal for each type.

I want to try out a mix of all types but want to be careful to places things in a way that they don't interfere with each other.

I'm thinking about starting with a duncan and some gsp on the island on the right. Where would be a good spot for the duncan?

Any ideas what corals would be good to try after those? I'm probably gonna get some zoas at some point too.

Hopefully these pictures give a good idea of the rock work, the blue light messes with my camera.



PXL_20260822_203906382.jpg

PXL_20260822_203917432.jpg

PXL_20260822_203924178.jpg
 
When you refer to the island on the right are you meaning that roundish rock?
 
I like here for the Duncan personally:
4215.jpg


Glue the GSP (or lean it and secure it) against the glass on the right side. Save that rock island for the Zoas.
 
Flow is only from the right side of the tank?

What wattage is that light? You might have to consider upgrading for different corals.

What is your nutrient export plan? It looks like you have a Macro algae in there?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new