OP
OP
S

sam00skelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a small 29gal tank: one midas blenny, 1 yellow clown goby, 1 firefish, 1 6 line wrasse (you might consider this fish)...they are very cool and not aggressive. They have a great personality. I found in my larger 120 gal reef tank that the royal gramma could be aggressive. I tried one in my small tank and had to return him. He and my black ice clown decided they didn't like each other. Everyone else gets along well.
Would wrasse be shy? I'm sick of buying a cool fish and them hiding in the rock! Wouldn't mind if they took to a different rock each, but they're all in the same rock

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would wrasse be shy? I'm sick of buying a cool fish and them hiding in the rock! Wouldn't mind if they took to a different rock each, but they're all in the same rock
My wrasse isn't shy. It is out an about. It's interesting it likes to skim around the bottom of my elegance coral and rub up against it. Odd since the elegance is "sticky" but it will also do this with the frogspawn. When I come visit the tank to enjoy it the fish come up to the window to say hi. I am the only "feeder" so I think they anticipate my appearance. The wrasse isn't shy but not a bully. I like their personalities. Hope this helps your decision. ;)

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I thought too, the Goby initially built a cave in the back of my tank, but then he took a liking to the same hole in the rock my blenny liked. Similar situation to the bullying I've asked about here but I noticed way too late and lost the blenny.

Ty I will keep an eye on them. Goby is pre-ordered already

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, just a wee update. I'm going to return him to the LFS tomorrow. He's continued his bullying streak all day, even had some guests comment on the "mean" fish! Anyways, is there any fish you guys would recommend? Thanks
I may be in the minority here, but I think what you have already is plenty for a 35G. Just my opinion, but I like to make sure fish have some room to swim, and that list you have plus one more is a lot. Again, just my $0.02, I know others will disagree.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back