Looking for AI Parts or Help replacing diodes

John Easterday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have or know of anyone who has parts for the Hydra or Vega fixtures?? Also if anyone is proficient in reflowing the diodes on the pucks where the violet diodes have burned out I would gladly pay for the work to be done. I have 6 fixtures with either fan issues or diodes that are burnt out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

OP
OP
John Easterday

John Easterday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of these—this post is scaring me! ;Nailbiting

Would you be interested in getting the diodes replaced if I find someone who is willing to do it. This would also allow a person to change the diodes for slightly different colors if you wanted. I know AI tried this 100 years ago but if there is interest I would be willing to experiment with my fixtures.

FartyParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at the moment. I’ve found AI support to be relatively streamlined once you get through their initial layer of humans. I had to replace one of them because it stopped connecting to WiFi and they sent me a replacement with return shipping. In the event it breaks out of warranty I’ll probably switch to Kessil.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nothing really to offer other than most of these end with "I contacted EcoTech after nobody knew how to help and they offered me a discount on new stuff." Sorry that I was so unhelpful, but in all of my years of doing this, I have never really seen anybody who can and will repair these units, just the black box Chinese stuff which is a lot easier.

If you do find somebody, then please let the community know.

LiquidFunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a load of pucks, main boards etc Id be happy to part with for a great price. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I can take an inventory and send you photos. include your cell if possible its easier to send photos via text. All of them are Vega Color.

DesertPalm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello LiquidFunk, I realize I’m seeing your post just now about a year later, do you still have some parts available? I think I need a mainboard for AI Vega’s light that has four lenses, four LED pucks, etc. Also need a fan.
Ive got a load of pucks, main boards etc Id be happy to part with for a great price. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I can take an inventory and send you photos. include your cell if possible its easier to send photos via text. All of them are Vega Color.

LiquidFunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello LiquidFunk, I realize I’m seeing your post just now about a year later, do you still have some parts available? I think I need a mainboard for AI Vega’s light that has four lenses, four LED pucks, etc. Also need a fan.

I dumped these some time ago now. Sorry

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back