New Member Looking for specific Vortex Diatom Parts!

eldoryder

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- I've been playing with aquariums since the early 70s. For the last ten years, life was hectic and I didn't have any set up. I finally cleaned up and had resealed a beautiful 45-gallon hex. I set it up, and it's doing great with a community freshwater environment. I looked for and found my old D-1 Vortex Diatom Filter in storage hoping to "polish" the water after a water change, and found out that it was missing one of the "U-tubes" and both square tube intake boxes. I know that Vortex is long gone, but was hoping that someone here might have some of these parts. I would gladly Paypal whatever anyone thought they might be worth. I'd be happy to take used parts. Thanks! Mike in Texas - [email protected]
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Great piece of equipment - I have been looking for one for years and thought I found one last month, but it was mismarked. :(

Clownfish.gif
 
Hello- I've been playing with aquariums since the early 70s. For the last ten years, life was hectic and I didn't have any set up. I finally cleaned up and had resealed a beautiful 45-gallon hex. I set it up, and it's doing great with a community freshwater environment. I looked for and found my old D-1 Vortex Diatom Filter in storage hoping to "polish" the water after a water change, and found out that it was missing one of the "U-tubes" and both square tube intake boxes. I know that Vortex is long gone, but was hoping that someone here might have some of these parts. I would gladly Paypal whatever anyone thought they might be worth. I'd be happy to take used parts. Thanks! Mike in Texas - [email protected]
https://www.aquatic-store.com/contents/en-us/d731.html

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...p=12&msockid=2a1f846cdbc26e5c2d0492d6da2e6fdc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new