Looking for an Acro ID

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired this supposed Rose Mille as a frag a few months ago from UC.

Its growth and coralites have me confused. I'm thinking Pink Prostrata with blue/purple tips or possibly Tenuis (most likely not Tenuis)

Here is the pic from UC.

Rose Mille.PNG

Here are some photos I took recently with the new growth.

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3161.JPG

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's not a Rose Milli. Corallites do look like Tenuis. There are many Tenuis corals that look red/pink, Red Planet, RR Pinky, etc... Does look a little like a Red Planet with the greenish base.

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's not a Rose Milli. Corallites do look like Tenuis. There are many Tenuis corals that look red/pink, Red Planet, RR Pinky, etc... Does look a little like a Red Planet with the greenish base.
Thanks @Salty1962 I have both a Red planet and RR Pinky and wasn't aware they were part of the Tenuis genus. This coral to me looks nothing like the others. Even thought it is blasted with T5/Kessils mid tank and shows a hint of green at the base my Red planet is about 5in higher up in the tank and shows more green than this coral. So not too convinced its a Red planet. The more it keeps growing it definitely seems to be a Tenuis for sure. Just a bit confused since it was either mislabeled on the frag pack I picked up from UC or they had no clue and threw a name on it. Most likely its a Maricultured coral would be my guess. Non the less it's still purdy to me and it's growth is taking off. Most Tenuis I have seem to be fairly slow growers, especially my WD Tenuis. Hopefully it will continue to thrive and should be interesting to watch as it grows out more.

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red planet is a tenuis ? Really ?? Lol.
Never knew that, been having a hard time telling a tenuis for a milli.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way Red Planet is a tenius, my best guess would be clathera but even that is suspect. It has been debated for years and to make it even worse Red Planet seems to have a highly variable growth form from super tabling to fairly branchy. Mine always have grown in tight tables. This is my old Red Planet straight from ORA circa 2010 or so and picture was from 2013 a few months before the tank lost power while I was on vacation.
P9070094_zpsa6a4bd92.JPG
P8040040_zps03850b68 (1).JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back