Looking for an air pump that will pull and then push air through a tube

MysterioMask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I don't know if this might have a name or not. But I am looking for an air pump that will pull air through an airline tube. and then push the air it pulled through to the other line to where I need it to go.

I would like to run an airline to the outside and pull air from there.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should work, but is there anything that runs on AC power, I don't want to change a D battery out every single day.
Good catch, I didnt even see that. Unfortunately I wasnt able to find anything else that would do what you're looking for.. let's see if perhaps a #reefsquad member has any ideas. (They may not respond till morning)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you can use Tom's aqualifter to do what you need.
I considered that as well, but the aqualifter is meant to pump water, not air.

OP
OP
M

MysterioMask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you can use Tom's aqualifter to do what you need.
I have an aqualifter, I tried it, its very weak for pumping air. The lifter only barely bubbles through an airstone at the surface of the water, put it more than a few inches deep and the bubbles stop. Also it seemed to stop pumping air at all after a while.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about just a doser like the BRS ones?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for something like this as well. Want to use it for my CO2 scrubber. Need something that pulls in a lot more air than my skimmer.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had an idea about the pump for my CO2 scrubber. Think I’ll buy a regular pump, push air through the scrubber and have an air stone in the drain section of my sump. I think that may work wonders.

OP
OP
M

MysterioMask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know of one.

Do you have a skimmer?
I do but its a DIY version.

Do you have the option logistically to put the air pump outside and just run the hose and plug inside?
I could put my normal air pump outside, but its not supposed to get wet. I live in Pittsburgh so it rains like every other day. I have thought about putting it in the tubing that brings fresh air from the outside to my furnace but im not sure if it will fit in the tube or not. I will have to check.

I also thought of that as well, which is probably an option, if nothing else pops up.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do but its a DIY version.

I could put my normal air pump outside, but its not supposed to get wet. I live in Pittsburgh so it rains like every other day. I have thought about putting it in the tubing that brings fresh air from the outside to my furnace but im not sure if it will fit in the tube or not. I will have to check.

I also thought of that as well, which is probably an option, if nothing else pops up.

You could probably build a small enclosure to protect it year round, they are small enough even a small exterior electrical box would work well.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A skimmer plumbed to the outdoors is about a billion times more effective than an air pump with an airstone. I doubt you'll see a pH difference at all with an air pump.

AKreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralife Super Luft Pump, Kind of noisy and expensive. Mine has been good for two years. My skimmer's air is plumbed from outside and I tee'ed into that, I have it set to come on if my PH goes below 8.0 by my Apex. Its a strong pump, I run 4 air stones off it, one in each overflow and 2 in the sump. Mostly only comes on in the winter when the house is all shut up. Got it from Doc. Foster and Smith.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back