Looking for an ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter sfg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sfg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2015
Messages
429
Reaction score
264
Location
New Orleans, LA
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I picked up this mariculture mini colony that was browned out. Here 6 months later it has started to color up nicely but don't know what it is I have. I've started to bring it into heavier lighting and can see more color coming out of it

Can anyone Id this for me?

IMG_4465.JPG
 
That's a nice piece but we need a daylight picture.
Too much blue in this one.
 
Here you go. One pic with cool white and a tad of deep blue and the other with just cool white.

Appreciate the help Master Diesel. :)

IMG_4472.JPG


IMG_4473.JPG
 
Kinda looks like a tri-color acro.
It's to early to tell.
What's your No3 level?
 
Running hybrid lighting (hydra52/T5). This has been on the sand bed. When I moved from 150 parto about 250/300 it started to color up.
 
Your light might be a tad too much.
Reduce if possible.
 
When you say tricolor Diesel are you referring to a tricolor valida? If so, I'm not seeing it as a valida structurally. I see more echinata. Can you explain more? I'm not an expert and I know Diesel is a vey successful hobbyist so not trying to step on toes, only learn
 
I'll scale back the lighting. Thanks brother.

I'm also confused on it being a possible valadia. It also looks a bit enchinata-ish to me as well.
 
When you say tricolor Diesel are you referring to a tricolor valida? If so, I'm not seeing it as a valida structurally. I see more echinata. Can you explain more? I'm not an expert and I know Diesel is a vey successful hobbyist so not trying to step on toes, only learn

No not a valida.
Just a tri-color acro.
You are right the growth form is looking close to a Echinata.
 
A.jacquelineae?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new