Looking for assistance adding new fish

JohnA26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a reef tank only 15 gallon. It has 1 2 year old easy going clown, a cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp, 2 snails, conch and 2 hermit crabs. I’d like to add some possible color through fish as well as movement from fish? Any suggestions? I have read that coral beauty “could” eat coral, so I guess I need to eliminate that idea. Do sixline wrasse really get aggressive?
Any help and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a reef tank only 15 gallon. It has 1 2 year old easy going clown, a cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp, 2 snails, conch and 2 hermit crabs. I’d like to add some possible color through fish as well as movement from fish? Any suggestions? I have read that coral beauty “could” eat coral, so I guess I need to eliminate that idea. Do sixline wrasse really get aggressive?
Any help and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!!
while some six line wrasses can be very aggressive (mine not) there isn't sufficient swimming space for wrasse - they are very active and fast swimmers

instead perhaps
- dartfish
---- red firefish
---- purple firefish
- gobies
--- many many many to select - my personal favorite is neon blue but they are lousy swimmers, more sitters - and mine acted like puppy always wanted to be where I was

interestingly, in retail trade the dartfish are sometimes also referred to as gobies

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi firefish. I was going to get a a purple one but my lfs convinced me to buy the Helfrichi. Best advise I took. Looks amazing and he doesn’t really hide at all so he swims around and not too shy.

Attachments

• EDA25F7D-B677-40A5-A0DA-9E8095D7C9FD.jpeg
    EDA25F7D-B677-40A5-A0DA-9E8095D7C9FD.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 16

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi firefish. I was going to get a a purple one but my lfs convinced me to buy the Helfrichi. Best advise I took. Looks amazing and he doesn’t really hide at all so he swims around and not too shy.
agree!

Almost included this one but 1) harder to find and 2) top fin bit shorter than purple so I slightly prefer purple to helfrichi but the helfrichi has a bit more color variation so likely most prefer helfrichi to purple firefish

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back