• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for berghia nudis

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200 gallon tank. Have aptasia in overfills and a few in display. Bought nudi branches from lfs EXPENSIVE and could barely see them they were so tiny.

Any recommendations for overflow treatment? Also using. Aiptasia-x.

I put nudis in display not sure if they are still there as aiptaisa making comeback
Racine Wi

CoralBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, the more Aiptasia X you use, the more aiptasia youll have. Have you tried a copperband butterfly? I recently bought one and he ate the crap out of my aiptasias. Berghias are expensive, and if you have wrasses, they might end up eating them.

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried copperband butterfly and it did nothing noticeable. Although it died a few weeks back so maybe I’ll try another. No wrasses. Thanks. Any suggestions on overflow where majority are?

CoralBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried copperband butterfly and it did nothing noticeable. Although it died a few weeks back so maybe I’ll try another. No wrasses. Thanks. Any suggestions on overflow where majority are?
I have an army of aiptasia on my overflow too, as long as they don't come to my display I am fine with them, they are actually pretty when there's like thousands there lol. So yeah, not very helpful here. However, I read that you can empty your overflow section an pour boiling water on them, just gotta be careful.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saltyunderground.com has them as do others for sale. They aren't cheap but will eventually do the job. Takes a bit for them to feed and then reproduce so more can feed.

I'd buy a few more of those before trying anything else.

If you do pour boiling or hot water on anything please be careful as fumes can and may be released.

Good luck!!

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not seeing me do the hot water thing. Accident prone lol. Thanks all will order more nudis as suggested

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 30 nudis from underground for my 300 that has a bunch of aptasia and I’ve never even seen the nudis since adding them and I’m still full of aptasia haha waste of $300 or whatever I spent on them. I’ve also tried aptasia x with no luck and peppermint shrimp who decided to go rouge and eat some torches but no aptasia.

Javamahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I am hijacking but I have about 6-8 in my 150G system now. I have been using kalk paste with little luck so with that few, what can be used with success to stop the madness before it gets completely out of control?

CoralBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I am hijacking but I have about 6-8 in my 150G system now. I have been using kalk paste with little luck so with that few, what can be used with success to stop the madness before it gets completely out of control?
I only really had good results with my copperband butterfly. I have had aiptasia for the last year and a half, it finally started to get out of control about 4 months ago. I picked up the copperband and within 2 weeks all the display aiptasia is gone. He also eats frozen, have him for about a month or so now, keeps aiptasia in check.

Having that said, I still have a ton everywhere else, overflow, sump, filter socks... But these I dont really care.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you tried searching for them at night?

Mine took about 4 months and all of a sudden they were gone in a matter of a few days. Just takes long for them to populate and grow. Also depends on any predators you might have

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check older posts here in the for sale forum from earlier this year. I bought some from a guy in Sussex and they were pretty reasonable. He was very knowledgable in the use and propagation of the Berghias.....and can really grow SPS!
Nice guy.....worth checking out.
My experience with them was like several have mentioned. Its not gonna happen over night and if you have wrasses.....it will take longer. 3-4 months for mine to make a difference. I mainly have some aptaisa left in my overflow. I may put a filter sock on and scrape or if I can reach them, hit with lemon juice, the larger remaing aptaisa from my overflow area. I am seeing some bigger Berghias cruising the glass and sump areas at night/early mornings. When I see them in the sump, I move them back to the overflow. I am sure the plumbing has them also.

Orko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptaisa-x you got to nail them right in the mouth if not that one is 1000 more I do got nudi's lost in than they were so small ... I would not do the hot water thing if any eggs make it you will have more... I have had have done it 2x times a Clark's butterfly it ate the crap out of aptaisia in the tank it also started to eat flake food it cost around $40.00 look it up I still have none in my display tank after a year and the Clark's is still alive... And happy... All of the vodoo in the bottles does not work as avertised!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My best success is kleini butterfly. Nice colors, peaceful, eats everything offered and wiped out an infestation i had in 3 days. Now i keep one in each tank( I have 3 tanks)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back