Looking for Breeders in South Florida

CJ McGuigan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've been perusing the forums here for a few weeks and it appears that someone may be able to help me with a side project that I'm working on. I'm a current graduate student at the University of Miami Experimental Hatchery and have significant experience with the larval rearing of numerous marine species such as mahi-mahi, cobia, red snapper, etc. A few of my colleagues and I are interested in experimenting with applying some large finfish protocols to the rearing of marine ornamentals. However, due to space limitations and biosecurity best-practices, we are unable to house our own broodstock at this time. We are looking for any independent aquarium hobbyists with a reliable spawning pair of mid-value brood (~$100-200) who would be interested in collaborating on this project. At this time, we are most interested in mid-value angelfish species, but any other species in this price range would be considered as well. If interested, please send a direct message so that we can discuss details and specifically what we are looking for.

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new