Looking for coral suggestions for tank!

ferro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for coral suggestions for my tank... mostly mid to upper level of the tank.

full tank.jpg

I have one radion light

current schedule...
light.gif

Thanks!

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for coral suggestions for my tank... mostly mid to upper level of the tank.

full tank.jpg

I have one radion light

current schedule...
light.gif

Thanks!
Your tank looks really nice, I suggest zoas for any tank so no exception here

OP
OP
ferro

ferro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rock with green zoas that are in the bottom of my tank. I tried to put them up higher and they closed up for a week. Seem to like it lower.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rock with green zoas that are in the bottom of my tank. I tried to put them up higher and they closed up for a week. Seem to like it lower.
Hmm in my experience zoas tend to not really care but if that's the case why not try some euphyllia corals for the mid region of your tank? I notice your anemones are happy so your tank is clearly well off, something like a gold torch would add an awesome splash of color.

OP
OP
ferro

ferro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those both look like great suggestions! The red BTA was one of my first corals. I heard they could be tricky but this one seems to love my tank. It split when I did a 40% water change, then split once again after a feeding.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those both look like great suggestions! The red BTA was one of my first corals. I heard they could be tricky but this one seems to love my tank. It split when I did a 40% water change, then split once again after a feeding.
If your anemones are that happy there's no reason not to try some stonier corals. I'd actually recommend some SPS for the upper level but work your way up to that point with easier stony corals like the euphyllia I suggested.
Looking at the state of your tank I see no reason why you won't be able to keep healthy SPS in the future

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back