Looking For Custom Sump Builder

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have searched the forum. But I have yet to find a sump that fits my needs for my 300 gallon build. I am needing a 60” sump with refugium that I don’t have to rip out the worthless sock filter to place it in. I need it to have removable lids including the protein skimmer area. Love the Hmahli sumps but he is in Australia. And can’t wait 3 months for it before shipping. I also like Synergy sumps but they offer no lids nor do they offer reef mat sumps with refugiums and lids.and I want it to match tank red and black. Refugium can’t be clear to allow light to hit rest of sump. If I had the tools and skills I would build myself. But I don’t. I live in DFW area and need the forums help finding a builder

OP
OP
J

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I reached out to Acrylic habitat. I will do the same with Tenecore. Prefer a company that makes hybrid sumps pvc/acrylic.

FSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ones in the US off the top of my head that do the PVC/acrylic thing are Advanced Acrylics and MRC. Not recommending either of them, just that they do it :)
You might(????) have better luck finding someone that can do ABS/acrylic since it's easier to bond. PVC construction is a bit different.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in dfw. You can try AGE. They made me my custom sump. I designed mine with an online cad tool and sent them the specs.

They did great job and they are local

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah. Geo makes some cool stuff. You dream it up. Thay make it.

OP
OP
J

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in dfw. You can try AGE. They made me my custom sump. I designed mine with an online cad tool and sent them the specs.

They did great job and they are local
AGE? I am not familiar with them

OP
OP
J

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bashsea does custom
I have reached out to Bashsea several days ago never heard back. I’m not going to chase companies to respond to spend my money with lol. Do love their designs. But you have to have customer service to go with it ‍♂️

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AGE? I am not familiar with them
They are known for infusing glass with acrylic/pvc. Most of their aquariums have PVC bottoms on them unless you specify. I believe they are affiliated with fish gallery. They build huge aquariums as well. Specializing in acrylic.

OP
OP
J

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Poseidon in Florida . Custom build. Yury over at Poseidon is awesome. I would highly recommend for sumps, ATO tanks, frag tanks. Frag racks. Lids they can do it all. Just waiting on a few more things to be delivered to his shop the. He is shipping it out to me. I plan on posting a build thread. Right now I am just buying everything.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.MOV
    25.3 MB
OP
OP
J

JawsD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@poseidons_creations on Instagram. He is currently having the website rebuilt. Check them out. And reach out he will give you a quote
I went with Poseidon in Florida . Custom build. Yury over at Poseidon is awesome. I would highly recommend for sumps, ATO tanks, frag tanks. Frag racks. Lids they can do it all. Just waiting on a few more things to be delivered to his shop the. He is shipping it out to me. I plan on posting a build thread. Right now I am just buying everything.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back