Looking for feedback on my stocking plan for a 150g

Rick's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I know there is a steady stream of these posts but I am hoping you will indulge me with some feedback still :). I have a new 150g build going and I know it is going to take >1 year to get to full stocking, but I wanted to share my plan and get feedback if there are concerns about the selections, the total number and/or the order.

First, a little background. My tank is 150g (60x24x24) with a mix of Kessil's and T5's. I plan to keep mostly SPS (acros, montis) with a couple of LPS (a hammer for the clowns and maybe a frogspawn). My base rock and sand is coming from TBS and the first batch will go in about a week from now. I am planning 72 days fallow and have a 4 week quarantine protocol planned for the fish (10g TTM followed by 20G QT). So my first fish will be ordered in about 6 weeks as the 4 wk quarantine will be on the tail end of the rock fallow period.

Now onto the fish plan. Below is the stocking wish list along with the order:
Mandarin Goby
Yellow Tang
Kole Tang
Flame Hawk
Ocellaris Clownfish (x2)
Royal Gramma (or a pair if I can manage it)

Regal Angel
Scooter Blenny - if the copepod population will support after the mandarin is established

Cherub angel OR African Flameback (leaning towards the AF)

Starry Blenny
3 Lyretail Anthias

Powder Blue Tang

I'd like a wrasse but seems like the 6 line is not a good choice. Any recommendations with the above stock list?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Rick

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I know there is a steady stream of these posts but I am hoping you will indulge me with some feedback still :). I have a new 150g build going and I know it is going to take >1 year to get to full stocking, but I wanted to share my plan and get feedback if there are concerns about the selections, the total number and/or the order.

First, a little background. My tank is 150g (60x24x24) with a mix of Kessil's and T5's. I plan to keep mostly SPS (acros, montis) with a couple of LPS (a hammer for the clowns and maybe a frogspawn). My base rock and sand is coming from TBS and the first batch will go in about a week from now. I am planning 72 days fallow and have a 4 week quarantine protocol planned for the fish (10g TTM followed by 20G QT). So my first fish will be ordered in about 6 weeks as the 4 wk quarantine will be on the tail end of the rock fallow period.

Now onto the fish plan. Below is the stocking wish list along with the order:
Mandarin Goby
Yellow Tang
Kole Tang
Flame Hawk
Ocellaris Clownfish (x2)
Royal Gramma (or a pair if I can manage it)

Regal Angel
Scooter Blenny - if the copepod population will support after the mandarin is established

Cherub angel OR African Flameback (leaning towards the AF)

Starry Blenny
3 Lyretail Anthias

Powder Blue Tang

I'd like a wrasse but seems like the 6 line is not a good choice. Any recommendations with the above stock list?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Rick
Wait to add the Mandarin until the tank has been established for 6+ months. Get the regal angel in early, so you can focus on it getting established without too much competition for food. Add the powder blue last. Beyond that, the order doesn't matter much.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back