Looking for Fish Suggestions

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on the next fish I should get? They will all be quarantined. I'm going to add some nice wrasses last. So looking now for a Convict Tang, and small fish that are colorful and interesting. I'm not opposed to more anthias. The male ish Bimac is the boss and chases them a bit but spreads the love around... he's mostly aggressive towards the other Bimacs. He didn't seem to care very much when I added the other anthias but does push them around a little.

No more wrasses for now, I'm going to save my cheddar for a few nice ones last.

The tank is 300 gallons- 72 x 36x 27. Lots of swimming room.

I currently have-

4 Bimaculatus Anthias

2 Lyretail Anthias

1 Sunset Anthias

1 Carberryi Anthias

1 Blue Tang

2 Yellow Tangs

1 Scopas Tang

1 Exquisite Wrasse

1 Yellow Canary Wrasse

1 Female Ornate Leopard

1 Royal Gramma

1 Fork Tail Fang Blenny

1 Striped Fang Blenny

2 Red Fire Fish

2 Clowns

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have mixed feelings on Dwarf and Pygmy Angels, but that could be an option if you don't mind a bit of a gamble with corals. Certain ones tend to be more successful than others.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have mixed feelings on Dwarf and Pygmy Angels, but that could be an option if you don't mind a bit of a gamble with corals. Certain ones tend to be more successful than others.

Really tempting but not sure I am brave enough for that.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really tempting but not sure I am brave enough for that.

You took the wind out of my sails a bit when you said "No Wrasses" as that is my standard go to for these situations. :p

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dartfish are often overlooked. There are some pretty cool variants of those.
There was just an article on here about Genicanthus angels. Think you should take a look at that. They are amazing, (and medium). Hawkfish are fun and longboard are beautiful. Like stated a damsel colony would be fun to look at. Dragonets hop around and look adorable while doing so and in a 300 gallon competition would be less of a concern. There is a ton of fish you could do. A quick browse though live aquaria would give you some more ideas.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You took the wind out of my sails a bit when you said "No Wrasses" as that is my standard go to for these situations. :p

Sorry! I definitely want another Lineatus. I had a super male a while back and its my all time favorite fish. I also like the red and yellow tail tamarins.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dartfish are often overlooked. There are some pretty cool variants of those.
There was just an article on here about Genicanthus angels. Think you should take a look at that. They are amazing, (and medium). Hawkfish are fun and longboard are beautiful. Like stated a damsel colony would be fun to look at. Dragonets hop around and look adorable while doing so and in a 300 gallon competition would be less of a concern. There is a ton of fish you could do. A quick browse though live aquaria would give you some more ideas.

Genicanthus and Dartfish... great suggestions. Thank you. I had a Female Watanabie and it was a great fish.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of some of the current gang. Please excuse the dead acro.
89e0537cd10a9e6920374af5a5b01400.jpg

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on the next fish I should get? They will all be quarantined. I'm going to add some nice wrasses last. So looking now for a Convict Tang, and small fish that are colorful and interesting. I'm not opposed to more anthias. The male ish Bimac is the boss and chases them a bit but spreads the love around... he's mostly aggressive towards the other Bimacs. He didn't seem to care very much when I added the other anthias but does push them around a little.

No more wrasses for now, I'm going to save my cheddar for a few nice ones last.

The tank is 300 gallons- 72 x 36x 27. Lots of swimming room.

I currently have-

4 Bimaculatus Anthias

2 Lyretail Anthias

1 Sunset Anthias

1 Carberryi Anthias

1 Blue Tang

2 Yellow Tangs

1 Scopas Tang

1 Exquisite Wrasse

1 Yellow Canary Wrasse

1 Female Ornate Leopard

1 Royal Gramma

1 Fork Tail Fang Blenny

1 Striped Fang Blenny

2 Red Fire Fish

2 Clowns
A tank this size needs a proper angel. If it has been established for awhile, I'd maybe take a look at dragonets. They hop from rock to rock and are really fun to watch.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with Genicanthus personally. Safe for your reef and you get a more modest sized angel.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tank this size needs a proper angel. If it has been established for awhile, I'd maybe take a look at dragonets. They hop from rock to rock and are really fun to watch.

Tank has been running since February, but I didn't add any fish until maybe August. I did add loads of pods, but not sure its ready yet for a dragonet. The striped blenny I have, which is aquacultured, doesn't eat anything I add to the tank. It forages for pods all day and night. Nice and plump though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back