Looking for help from zoa collectors/Professionals!

Paparchasa84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gathered quite a few high ends in the last 2 months. I wanted to see overall what type of lighting, params, and how many times a week/month do you guys do water changes to get the best growth.

i have 2 ai vegas
My params:
cal 450
alk 10
mag 1375
phos .05

i do weekly water changes of 20% on my 90 gal. I see many of the people who are respected around here in regards to zoas tanks' and Im in awe and would like to make sure im going about it the right way. Btw not using a skimmer thats why i do 4 water changes a month to help with nutrient export along with my fuge.

Thanks Guys and Gals

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know the names of the zoas you can put them here or pictures and we can help on the placement. Your alk is borderline high but not too bad. All the other parameters are perfect. I do 20% water changes every 2-3 weeks. Try getting a skimmer. I've seen many people that do ok without one but I have one so get one lololol just kidding. Skimmer will ease up the weekly changes. After a few months it gets old fast. I used to do weekly changes and almost gave up on my tank because It used to take me 3-4 hours. The easier everything is the more you get to enjoy the tank.

OP
OP
P

Paparchasa84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you're one of the people I was referring to. Didn't want to ca you guys out lol but, here's what I have Rastas, blue agave, seductions,pulsar PE, red PE, fruit loops, utter chaos, god of war, aore of god, rdpe, la lakers, darth mauls, my clementine, yellow mamba, Hawaiian ding dang, red hornets, and sunny d. I do have am etss super reef devil skimmer but never set it up. It's just sitting near the tank(I know should have been up and running) any help with these guys would be great.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the hawaii PE morphs you can put middle high with high flow. Rastas medium with low flow, All smaller zoas or deepwaters like lakers or hornets medium low do great. Sunny ds do great anywhere. Utter med low low flow. darth I have high. GOW high. AOG med.
Open a thread on the equipment forum for help with the skimmer.
Every tank is different what works for me might be different from others. I hope other people chime in on the placements of stuff and you can find the perfect spot for your stuff. What lights do you have.

OP
OP
P

Paparchasa84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have 2 AI Vegas color. I see through where your stuff is placed I have a few things to move around. My darth mauls I have off to the side with nice flow but low/med low light. My blue agaves are sort of in the same boat but I have 6 with 4 babies growing just want that color to pop.

OP
OP
P

Paparchasa84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't laugh iPhone professional here lol. My friend will be over next week with real pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
P

Paparchasa84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have a trade getting ready to happen so ill be fragging most of this stuff so hopefully it'll help some of these take off. After I'm done fragging would you guys suggest putting them back into the same spot as before or trying another place?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back